Bill is a frequent speaker on Raiser’s Edge and fundraising database technology:
- Podcast interview by Dr. Patton McDowell on “Three Technology Traps All Nonprofit Leaders Must Avoid”; listen here
- Webinar series in March and April of 2021 on Security in Raiser’s Edge in partnership with Blackbaud; recordings, slides, “handouts,” and FAQs here
- bbcon, the Blackbaud Conference: Bill has spoken at all but three of the conferences since they began in 2000
- 2021: Why Database Managers Should Use Raiser’s Edge NXT Web View DOWNLOAD
- 2020: Mastering Security in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT (this presentation was the basis for the 2021 webinar series listed above; see that link for access to the slides similar to this bbcon presentation)
- 2019: Managing the “Manager” Part of Database Manager in the Fundraising Profession Today DOWNLOAD
- bbcon “Top 10 Speaker” for the 8 years the honor was announced and the “Top-Rated External Speaker” the year after
- Blackbaud K-12 UC, the Blackbaud User Conference for K-12 Schools
- 2019: Best Practices in the Use of Raiser’s Edge Constituent Codes DOWNLOAD
- Other speaking engagements have included
- Blackbaud conferences in Canada, the United Kingdom, and San Francisco and other Blackbaud events throughout North America and online
- Association of Fundraising Professionals International Conference on Fundraising
- Association of Advancement Services Professionals Summit (annual conference) — Bill is speaking in September 2022
- Association of Fundraising Professionals chapter events: San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Wine Country, Sacramento, and Hawaii
- California Advancement Partnership for Schools Conference
- Northern California Planned Giving Council
- California Advancement Researcher’s Association Conference
- APRA Houston, Texas, chapter
- and numerous local Raiser’s Edge user groups around the United States
- Attendee comments
- “Your session on the reality of RE NXT was ‘worth the price of admission’ to the entire event, so thank you for that.”
- “I attended your session at bbcon, and I have to say, your session (w/Ed, Wed. morning) was my absolute FAVORITE!!!!”
- “Every. Year. Standing room only and EXCELLENT discussion. Lots of learning here.”
- “My favorite session at the conference” and from another, “the most useful session at the conference”
In addition to the book Fundraising with The Raiser’s Edge, Bill has written the following articles:
- “Making the Case for Technology: How to plan for a successful fundraising technology ‘ask.’” Advancing Philanthropy, May/June 2008: 35-37. (Advancing Philanthropy is the official bimonthly magazine of the international headquarters of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.)
- “Being Good to Your Database.” Advancing Philanthropy, May/June 2007: 37.
- “Tracking Diversity in Your Organization’s Data.” Advancing Philanthropy, March/April 2007: 14-16.
- “Database Due Diligence.” Advancing Philanthropy, November/December 2006: 32-34.
- “Implementing a Recurring Gift Program.” Blackbaud White Paper, January 2004.
- and see the numerous whitepapers and other resources available on the Resources page of this site.